Laboy Glass 1L Solvent Still Head Apparatus Set Continuous Still Systems Distillation Chemistry Lab Glassware Kit
- DESIGN-----This is complete solvent still apparatus with solvent still head, coiled condenser,distillation flask,addtion funnel,vacuum or inert gas adapter,penny head hollow glass stopper,rubber septum,conical joint clips.The solvent still head is the key component in this set.It features a syringe port with 4mm straight bore PTFE stopcock and 14/20 outer joint to accommodate a syringe needle,with a drainage port with 2mm T bore PTFE stopcock and 14/20 inner joint.
- USE------The solvent still head is used for distillation and collection of oxygen free solvents.It uaually used with a distillation flask (round bottom flask with 24/40 joint,the capacity should be larger than the still head),a jacketed reflux condenser(liebig,graham,allihn,coiled,reflux),a vacuum or inert adapter to connect a vacuum or inert gas source from schlenk line through an oil bubbler,a rubber septum,a receiving vessel(erlenmeyer flask, flat bottom flask with 14/20 joint).
- DIMENISIONS-----The capacity of the round bottom flask is 1000mL ,the capacity of the solvent still head is 500mL, the coiled condenser is 200mm in jacket length,all of them are with 24/40 joints ,except the 14/20 joints on the syringe port and drainage port .
- HEAVY WALL ---This lab glassware is heavy-wall designed , made by hand-blowing according to ASTM E438 ,made of high-quality borosilicate glass and annealed at 800 degree Celsius ,can be heated directly in an open flame and can withstand typical laboratory thermal variations in Chemistry processes like heating and cooling,durable and reusable.
- 100% 40 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE If you are not satisfied for any reason, simply return for a full refund, no questions asked. You have nothing to lose.Please also kindly understand glassware is fragile, even if we pack them carefully,it may be broken during the shipment ,if you receive the items in broken status,don't hesitate to contact us ,we will arrange free replacement or full refund.
The solvent still head is used for distillation and collection of oxygen free solvents. The head has sufficient storage space to allow solvent removal by syringe or drainage through T- bore PTFE stopcocks
The solvent still head is used for distillation and collection of oxygen free solvents.With 14/20 outer joint and a 4mm PTFE stopcock at the side Syringe port for easy syringe needle access, through which solvent remove from the flask. Solvent is drained through 2mm T-bore PTFE stopcock. The drainage arm has a 14/20 inner joint. Distance between stopcocks is 100mm.
It also features a 24/40 inner joint at the bottom to fit into a boiling flask which is usually a 2 neck round bottom flask,also a 24/40 outer joint at the top to attach a reflux condenser which can be a liebig, graham,coiled,allihn condenser,at the top of the condenser,a vacuum or inert gas adapter will be applied to connect a vacuum or inert gas source,which is uaually from a schlenk line.
In use,the vapors from the distillation flask travels up through the hole on the inner tube int o the condenser, the vapors condensed into liquid and flow back into the distill head.The solvent can be transfered and drained through the syringe port and the drainage port.A rubber septum is used to stop the 14/20 joint on the syringe port,a receiving flask is used to connect the 14/20 joint at the drainage port.
The solvent still head is heavy wall designed,made by hand-blowing to ensure uniform wall thickness, made of high-quality borosilicate glass and annealed at 800 degree Celsius ,can be heated directly in an open flame and can withstand typical laboratory thermal variations in Chemistry processes like heating and cooling.